Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Another day down

Well, once again I have this late night thing going on. I've been pretty bad about taking a nap in the early evening and not being tired when the time comes to really go to bed. That's something I really need to fix sometime soon.

Today I did something that kind of made me feel like a jackass. You see, I have my computer programming assignments that I have to turn in online, and every single one of them has been due at 9 p.m.. This last assignment was due earlier, but I had actually finished it a couple of days ago. But, me being me, I waited until the last second to turn it in. I got to the website, went through the motions of submitting everything, then got the "One day late" message. What the hell? I backtracked through everything, and sure enough, this assignment was due at 5 instead of 9. So instead of being an hour early I was three hours late. It really doesn't hurt me any though. Everyone in the class is given five late days (a late day being anywhere from 1 second late, to 1 second shy of 24 hours late) free. I have used one of them up but I still had four before tonight. So now I only have three late days left, but I also only have only one more homework assignment to do in that class. So, it's not that big of a deal, really. Just funny because I had the thing done a while ago but I was just too damn lazy to hand it in.

It has been COLD up here. I just looked at the temperature and it's 19 degrees!!! That temperature has led to some pretty icy roads and sidewalks. Earlier today when I was on my way to my class, I damn near bit it on a slope down from a pedestrian overpass I have to cross. I knew it was going to be slippery, and I even thought about sliding down it on purpose. The only reason I decided not to slide down it on purpose was that I didn't want to fall in front of everybody. Go figure. Anyways, I managed to catch myself before my ass hit the cement, so it really wasn't that bad. It was more embarrassing than anything else really. As I was walking back from my class, I heard the lady walking behind me (who was walking in high heels from the sound of the clicking) talking about how she had fallen on her ass earlier. I guess it was a mild epidemic. Oh yeah, after I fell on the overpass, a gal behind me said something like, "You must not be around here." Well, I'm really not, but I don't know, that just made it worse to me for some reason, as far as the embarrassment thing went.

I've heard the perfect break-up song. Not perfect as in matching emotions or anything like that. More as in it really made me smile in a sinister sort of way. The name of the song is "Ready, Aim, Misfire" by New Years Day. I know I shouldn't laugh at the lyrics but I just can't help myself. Here is the part that I laugh at:

If I had just one bullet and a trigger I'd pull it
Shoot my Cupid out of the sky
Break off his wings and gouge out his eyes
Thank him for nothing, 'cause that's all that he gave to me.
Your love is my heart disease.

Every time I hear that I giggle a little. Part of the sinister Lee I try to hide I guess. But man, damn Cupid. Sometimes I wonder what the hell he's thinking. I fall for everyone I shouldn't (FACT). You want to know a secret? Of all of the gals that I have truly, unconditionally fallen in love with, not too many of them actually have found out. Not that I fall in love that easily, but when I do, I tend to keep it a secret. Crazy, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home