Saturday, November 25, 2006

It gets even better

So in my last post, I was talking about how I got stood up by Jess on Thanksgiving. Well, she called me yesterday morning because she felt really bad about it and wanted to make it up to me last night. I had already decided that I was going to go to the Westlake tree lighting ceremony, and I had read at the Seattle city website that it all was going to start at 4:30 in the afternoon. I told her all of this, and she said that she would love to, and afterwards she would take me out to a movie and get something to eat afterwards, all on her dime because of the previous day. We made plans, she would come over and we leave my house to walk downtown at 4.

At about 3:40, I get a text from her. She's still at her house in Bellevue because she heard from one of her friends that the thing started at 5 and not 4:30. So, since it didn't start until 5, she figured she didn't have to leave her house until 4 or something. Well, you may think I'm a jerk for what I did next. I told her that I was leaving my house at 4 just like we had made plans for, and I did. She did say that she was on her way, but the fact is that she didn't get here before 4, so I didn't go the the tree lighting ceremony with her and ended up going all by myself. I haven't talked to her after that, so I don't know how it all played with her. But you know what? In a way, I really don't care. It was kind of odd; I wasn't upset about what she did or anything. True I was a bit frustrated, but I came to the conclusion that I had been as clear as I possibly could have been, and she changed the plans without even talking to me about it. Oh, and by the way, it did start at 4:30.

The ceremony itself was loads of fun. They had the Seahawks' drum band, as well as a gospel choir and a girls' choir. The tree and star lighting was well beyond cool, and they had a nice fireworks show off of the roof of Macy's. It was a wonderful way to start the Christmas season.

Well, anyways, I'm gonna jet. Have a great day, yo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home