Saturday, January 20, 2007

A little random BS

So today I was waiting for my bus at the bus stop. Also there was a couple, but they appeared to be having a little bit of a fight. The girl was lying on a granite slab behind the bus stop and the guy was smoking a cigarette near the street. Normally these things don't really catch my attention, and to be honest with you, this one didn't at first. But then, the guy walked around to where the girl was lying down and I heard him say, "You can stay here if you want. I'm going home." And walked around to the front and sat down. A couple of minutes later, she came around to the front, too. He told her to have a seat, which she didn't at first. Then he reached forward and grabbed her ass and pulled her toward him. The way she acted when he did that was really sad. She looked away from him (in my general direction) and looked like she was about to cry. She ended up sitting down on the man's thigh and just stared at the ground from then until they got on their bus.

I know that I have no idea what the whole story is, but my take on it is really pretty sad. She really seemed to not like any of the treatment she was being handed by the guy, yet she would not walk away. I've actually seen this quite a few times. I've seen guys treat their girlfriends like crap, even break up with the ladies, but the ladies would crawl back for more. It's always really hard for me to see.

Yes, I understand the concept of love, and that some people can truly and wholeheartedly love people who don't necessarily return the feeling. It's happened to me a few times before, actually, and in both directions. What I don't understand is the person on the other end of it. In this case, if the guy loves her back, why treat her like that? And if he doesn't, why lead her on and let her love him? In that situation, most people would probably call the girl pathetic. They would say that she's weak, that she can't let go. No. She's not the pathetic one. He is. He's the one who can't let go to someone who he doesn't show love for. He's the weak one. He needs someone, and he'll never know why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home