Thursday, February 15, 2007

Midnight thoughts

I just thought of a saying one of my good friends told me a while ago. He told me this when I was going through nuclear power school and I was thrown in with a bunch of guys who were way smarter than I am. With that brought a sense of, well, stupidity. I wasn't anywhere used to being "average". So, I called up my good friend Gary (school teacher) and whined to him about how I felt dumb, and he shared this quote with me.

"Even the worst basketball player in the NBA is one of the best in the world."

Only truly great people surround themselves with others that challenge him or her. But that always means that you're constantly going to have someone by your side to push you further, people that are better than you in what you strive to achieve. As such, you can't use those people to judge how you stand in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home