Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Making sense of scents

I'm pretty sure that most people who read this blog know that I take the bus to and from school. And, if you didn't know, now you do. So today I sat down and I caught a huge whiff of some interesting smell, and I honestly couldn't tell what it was. Half of the time, it smelled like a shower-less homeless person (which amazingly really doesn't happen all that often), but the other half it smelled like... corn nuts. Yes, the scent bounced between a horrid want-to-clothespin-my-nose smell and a yummy corn nuts smell. What amazed me even more was that there was very little (but very distinct) difference between the two. This strange scent perplexed me the entire bus ride home, and it really started to nag at me. Finally, however, I got to my stop and as I got up to leave the bus, I looked over behind me and the mystery was solved. There was a really dirty homeless guy snacking on corn nuts right behind me the entire time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home